Friday 24 October 2008

Blogger DMCA takedown notification

I received this notification this morning, telling me one of my posts was removed due to an objection by an unknown entity, relating to copyright infringement.
This was unintentional, as I try to make sure all posts are commercially unavailable.
But funnily enough, the post in question was a mix I had done myself. Granted some tracks were still available. But it was done to showcase these tracks to a wider audience.
The Dance music industry has used DJ's and mixtapes to promote artists and music for a long time! In fact a lot of these tracks would be overlooked without DJ mixes.
If the tracks were posted in their entirety, unmixed full versions, I could understand the objection. But as it is, I feel this faceless entity may be doing more harm to the dance music scene than good.
If you have any have any opinions about this, please leave a comment.

wigid303

3 comments:

  1. You get 3 DMCA then your out! well thats what i was told.I got one to:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry also a friend of mine keeps getting he's post taken down blogger must go and check him out everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive had 5-7 so far, but since i took down the remaining LoO posts that werent taken down by blogger ive not had anymore dmca's lol
    From what ive been told, only the copyright owner can file a dmca, and i doubt very much that all my LoO posts that were taken down were done so because of copyright owners.
    Its all a bunch of poo anyway lol
    Moving on to greener pastures now =D

    ReplyDelete