Thursday 25 September 2008

Ultimate Breaks and Beats


The Ultimate Breaks and Beats (UBB) series was released in the mid-80s by Lenny Roberts (a/k/a Breakbeat Lenny). The records contained hundreds of classic Hip-Hop breaks, many of which were discovered by Hip-Hop's founding fathers. Hip-Hop DJs and producers quickly obtained copies of UBB and scavenged them for sampling material. Indeed, most Hip-Hop releases from the mid-80s until even the early 90s utilized breaks that could be found on UBB.



Heres the first three albums in the
Ultimate Breaks and Beats series
still an amazing collection of tracks
after all these years!
Enjoy ;)
(The rest will follow soon)



2 comments:

  1. Do you know if these are from the LP's of the CD reissues?

    Also, I saw that you tracked my main site - if you get me your email address I'll send you an invite to my private blog. Post it in a comment and I'll delete it.

    ReplyDelete